BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 17 February 2011

My Music Magazine Front Cover Flat Plan: Analysis

Hi!
In the next stage of our assignment we were ask to design a flat plan which would be what we refer to for our magazine. In order to make the flat plan look professional I was asked to look at the conventions for other music magazines that refer to my genre these being my original magazines of study (‘Hip Hop Connection’, ‘Hip Hop Weekly’ and 'VIBE'). Additionally I took into consideration my market research, what my target audience wanted although not all of their wishes could be fulfilled as I will explain later. I shall present my work as a PowerPoint.


N.B. The text may be jarring to eye when viewed small so for your viewing pleasure please view this in full screen.
FRONT COVER



What did I Learn?
I learnt that designing a front cover is hard work and I have now an appreciation for what the magazine industry do because when you design a magazine you have to think about how the conventions will look together and how to tie everything in so for them to do that every month/week is a tough task but they do it successfully. Also I've realised that making a flat plan to refer to when making my magazine was a good thing to do because I've had time to think about what my magazine will look like instead of rushing everything which would make the magazine look messy and unprofessional.

0 comments: