BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 10 April 2011

Advice and answers from a Media Teacher

Hello!
I decided to do my own research on how my magazine was depicted through the eyes of my audience. Furthemore the responses I've had back are positive and I will display the information with my evaluation. Nevertheless I've also had the pleasure of asking a media teacher what he felt about my work and what could be improved on. The information I've got back from the teacher has been valuable and had made me realise that my magazine is quite successful.

Question 1







I can understand why he said an R&B magazine because his interpretation is different from mine. Even though the magazine states that it is Hip Hop I asked him to avoid this and look at the magazine without the obvious. When I looked up the defintion of R&B and Hip Hop, google defintions stated:




R&B: A style of music developed by African Americans that combines blues and jazz





Hip Hop: A popular music style comprising elements of rap and soul






When I think about the artist associated with my magazine I believe that there are more closely associated with Hip Hop because the sounds they're producing are more of rap based rather than blues. Nevertheless I took his point into consideration and I believe that if I were to change the magazine to R&B then it would still have the same effect on the reader. Although originally on my flat plan it said 'the no1 hip hop and R&B mag' but I found this too wordy so instead I took out the 'R&B'.

Question 2






Not going to comment on this answer too much because as you can see the answer is a positive one. He even added a comment of 'it looks like a real mag' which is always a nice thing to see and it further lets me know that my magazine is quite successful.

Question 3












With this question he states that he liked the colours and the pictures mainly which was a surprise because I believed my images were not of a good quality however to have a teacher like them is actually uplifting. He also stated that the magazine had a 'great layout' and an 'use of codes and conventions'

Question 4









With this question he agreed that the price was good due to the amount of pages in my magazine. I never thought of it like this before but again this makes me believe that my magazine price was reasonable.


 Question 5








Again he agreed that my double page spread was entertaining. Even though he is not part of my target audience, this let's me know that my article can be enjoyed by other generations which is a bonus.

Question 6









The layout took me a lot of time to figure out because I wanted it to be conventional so to get the feedback that the layout was appealing and well planned is overwhelming. I'm very happy that it looked professional too.

Question 7










Now when I first gave him my magazine I wanted him to be critical and to be honest I believed so much could be improved with the magazine. However to know that it's just the images I needed to change is a good thing and if I was going to do the project again I would definitely get better quality of images.


Question 8








Due to the lack of time of classroom, I asked my teacher to fill out the questions on the computer hence why the quality is lower. Furthermore the question states "do the pictures shown reflect on the magazine and are they appropriate" he answered yes which makes me believe that my hard work has paid off and it's nice to know that the pictures have been appreciated and thought about.


Question 9









Again I apologise for the quality within the graphic. However the question says "do you think the objective for aiming the magazine towards 18-35 year olds was reached" and he replied with a yes so this let's me further know that my magazine was successful and that my target audience can enjoy the magazine.

Question 10 - No response.

What did I learn?
I learnt that my magazine is a success and that it could really be sold in the media industry.

0 comments: