BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 7 April 2011

Criticisms: Magazine Competitions

Hello!
So I was just doing a bit of research on the internet when I discovered two magazines that made my heart sank with disappointment and made me just literally angry. These magazines were:


Now you can probably tell why I'm fuming and quite disappointed with myself really because I had no idea that these magazines existed. Obviously Word Up magazine has the name of my magazine and Rap up has my arrow idea that is included in my masthead. I'd like to think that I did do thorough research for my genre of magazine which may be the reason why these magazines didn't come up. However both magazines cater more towards the R&B audience whereas mine is more to a Hip Hop audience which is a positive. 

What did I learn?
Well the obvious being to research more on the internet so that predicaments like this can be avoided in future. Hopefully if my magazine went well and made some sales then I could in future change the name to something else which then I will be able to alert my fan base on places like twitter and facebook. Maybe I could even become partners with the magazines presented.

0 comments: